Thank you for visiting the ourplanet.com website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site.
WHAT’S IN THESE TERMS?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website OurPlanet.com (our site). If you do not accept these Terms please do not use this website. If you use the website (including downloading or streaming from the website) you will be bound by these Terms whether or not you have registered with us, and they will form a contract between you and us.
WHO WE ARE AND HOW TO CONTACT US
Access and use of this website is provided by WWF-UK, registered charity no. 1081247 (in England) and no. SC039593 (in Scotland) and a company limited by guarantee registered in England no. 4016725, whose registered address is at The Living Planet Centre, Brewery Road, Woking, Surrey, GU21 4LL. VAT no. 733 761821. References in these Terms to 'we' or 'us' are to WWF-UK.
BY USING OUR SITE YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
ACCESSING THE SITE
Before accessing the site, you should obtain permission to do so from the telephone / internet service bill payer, where relevant.
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to deny any user access to the site or any part of it without prior notice
You may choose to access the site from countries where its contents are illegal or unlawful. If you do access the website from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
THERE ARE OTHER TERMS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We amend these terms from time to time. We may change these terms at any time, in which case the amended Terms will be posted on the site and will apply from the date we post them. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated in November 2018.
WE MAY MAKE CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our offering, our users’ needs and/or our business priorities.
The format and content of the sire changes constantly. You should refresh your browser each time you visit the site to ensure that you access the most up to date version.
WE MAY SUSPEND OR WITHDRAW OUR SITE
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
YOU MUST KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT DETAILS SAFE
HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON OUR SITE
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site only for your personal use and non-commercial use.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
DO NOT RELY ON INFORMATION ON THIS SITE
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEBSITES WE LINK TO
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
USER-GENERATED CONTENT IS NOT APPROVED BY US
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us on DataProtection@wwf.org.uk .
OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
-We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user:
-We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
CONTRIBUTIONS TO OUR SITE
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with these Terms. All content posted or submitted by users of the sire including but not limited to stories, comments, suggestions or emails (“Contributions”) must comply with the Terms and any contribution rules from time to time. If you register as a contributor, the Contribution Rules will form part of the contract between you and us.
We are not responsible for Contributions posted to the site. These Contributions express the views of the author of the Contribution, not the views of WWF.
You must not post or transmit to this site any material:
- That is knowingly false or misleading
- That is defamatory, illegal, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, liable to incite racial hatred, blasphemous, discriminatory, pornographic, sexually oriented, threatening or invasive of a person’s privacy
- Which you do not own or for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses and/or approvals
- Which is technically harmful (including without limitation computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data)
- Impersonating any person or entity, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with anyone or any entity.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with the standards set out in these Terms, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless WWF-UK and its trustees, directors, officers and employees, from and against all liabilities, claims, demands and expenses arising out of any of your Contributions which breach these Terms.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in these Terms.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
You grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, non-terminable, worldwide, sub licensable and royalty-free license to copy, modify, distribute, show in public and create derivative works form that material in any form and anywhere for all commercial or non-commercial purposes related to our work. You further authorise us to adapt the relevant material in the course of doing so and waive all moral rights you have in your Contribution to the fullest extent permitted by law.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR VIRUSES AND YOU MUST NOT INTRODUCE THEM
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You acknowledge that all copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in the site and all photographs, designs, images, text, software, data, audio, video, files and other material in the website or material generated by or transmitted from the website (""WWF Material"") are owned by us or our licensors. You are permitted to use the website and WWF Material only as expressly authorised by us.
Provided you use the website and WWF Materials in accordance with these Terms you are permitted to print, download and receive extracts of WWF Material (""Extracts"") ONLY for your personal non-commercial use and for private study or teaching purposes, provided in each case that:-
- copyright and source indications are also printed and copied and/or stored in association with the Extracts;
- no modifications are made to the Extracts and Extracts are not used as part of any other publication or derivative work; and
- any Extract is retained, printed and/or copied entirely and is not used in a derogatory or misleading context and in particular may not be used for the purpose of promoting, advertising, endorsing or implying a connection with you (or any third party) and WWF-UK, its agents or employees.
The rights in this paragraph are not transferable and no other use of WWF Material may be made without first obtaining our written permission. In particular, you must not do the following unless you have first obtained our written permission:-
- incorporate any WWF Material in any other work, broadcast or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic form; or
- make any commercial use or publish any WWF Material (other than as necessary for the purpose of viewing or listening to the website in the course of business); or
- perform, broadcast or otherwise transmit, post, share or make available to the public any WWF Material.
The photographic, text, graphic images, audio and video material within any products or publications supplied to you are copyright works and none of them may be copied, reproduced, licensed, broadcast, transmitted or otherwise exploited.
The Panda device and the initials WWF are registered trade marks of WWF International. Our Planet is a registered trade mark of Netflix. You are not permitted to use them without prior written approval.
Other logos and names used on the website may also be the trade marks of WWF-UK or their respective owners. No permission is given by us in respect of the use of any such trade marks, names or logos and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder's rights.
Whilst we encourage our supporters to campaign on the issues referred to on our websites, please do not imply that you are taking action on behalf of WWF and in particular do not state that WWF is taking, or proposes or is considering taking, action against individuals or organisations, for example, a boycott of a company's products.
Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
We may terminate your rights to use or receive Extracts at any time at our complete discretion.
RULES ABOUT LINKING TO OUR SITE
If you wish to link from your website to our website you may do so only on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page, and subject to the following conditions:-
- The linking text must simply consist of the website address;
- You do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of any logos on the website;
- You do not in any way imply that WWF-UK is endorsing any products or services;
- You do not misrepresent your relationship with WWF-UK nor present any other false information about it;
- You do not otherwise use any WWF-UK trade marks displayed on our websites without our express written permission;
- You do not use any K trade marks displayed on our websites without the express written permission of the proprietor
- You do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- Your website does not contain content that is distasteful, pornographic, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
At any time and at our complete discretion we reserve the right to withdraw the permission to make website links to our websites.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage the reputation of us or any of our partners, nor take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these Terms.
If any of these Terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country which apply to these Terms, then to the extent and within that jurisdiction in which that Term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
WHICH COUNTRY’S LAWS APPLY TO ANY DISPUTES?